This Privacy Statement is made on behalf of HomeSec Business Finance Pty Ltd and all references to “HBF”, “HomeSec Business Finance”, “we”, “us”, or “our” in this statement are references to HomeSec Business Finance or any of its associated companies, entities or agents.
Protecting your information is important
At HomeSec Business Finance we understand the importance you attach to information that identifies you (your ‘personal information’). This Privacy Statement tells you how and why we collect information when you apply for funding and also how we may use the information.
What information we collect about you
HomeSec Business Finance Pty Ltd collects information about you when they apply for funding. We collect personal information about you to verify your identity, address and income so that we can adequately assess your application. By signing this form you also give us authority to do credit reference checks. If your funding is approved, elements of your application and repayment history may be used in calculating statistics. Your details are never associated directly with the resulting statistics which are only ever used to enable us to better serve you and future customers and to aid our marketing. (For example your age may be used in calculations which profile age brackets of our customer base).
We may also use your information to provide you with offers and information about our services that we think may interest you. If you do not want to receive this information, contact us and we will remove you from our mailing list.
Do we give your personal information to anyone else?
HomeSec Business Finance does not sell, rent or trade personal information to, or with, third parties. However if you default in repayments you have given us the authority to pass on your personal and funding information to a debt collection agency. We may also list your default with a credit reference organisation. We may also be required to disclose information for law enforcement or regulatory reasons. By applying for a loan, you acknowledge that we have the authority to do this as permitted under the Australian Privacy Act.
Our security procedures
In formulating our business processes, we have incorporated security procedures and practices that we consider are consistent with Australian industry practice. We review our security procedures from time to time and update them when relevant. Your personal information is only accessible by us and by those who are authorised by us to access it.
Life of our Privacy Statement
The information in this policy statement relates to our current privacy standards and is applicable for the life of the accompanying application and subsequent funding (if approved by us and accepted by you).
How to contact us
HomeSec Business Finance
6/170 Underwood Rd, Ferntree Gully Vic 3156
03 9017 6611
Email Us. Click Here
HomeSec Business Finance Privacy Consent
Privacy Disclosure and Consent Privacy Act 1988
Homesec Business Finance (and/or its ultimate lenders) will collect personal information from you in order to process your application. If you do not provide us with your personal information we cannot process your application. We may also use your personal information to tell you about other products and services offered by us or other members of Homesec Business Finance (and/or its ultimate lenders) and in order to do that we may disclose your information to them or our Service Providers such as mailing houses. Please contact us on (03) 9017 6611 if you do not consent to us using or disclosing your personal information to tell you about other products and services. It is important that you contact us because by providing your details you will be taken to have consented to this use and disclosure.
From 21 December 2001, in most cases, you can gain access to the personal information that Homesec Business Finance (and/or its ultimate lenders) holds about you. We aim to ensure that the personal information we retain about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact us if any of the details you have provided change. If you have concerns about the completeness or accuracy of the information we have about you, we will take steps to correct it.
I agree that Homesec Business Finance (and/or its ultimate lenders) and any other financier who at any time provides or has any interest in the credit) may do any of the following.
1. Seek and use commercial credit information about me to assess an application for consumer credit or commercial credit.
2. Seek and use consumer credit information about me to assess an application for commercial credit or consumer credit.
3. Seek and use a credit report about me by a credit reporting agency to collect overdue payment from me.
4. Provide information to a mortgage insurer to assess the risk of providing mortgage insurance to assess the risk of default.
5. Seek from and use or give to another credit provider (including without limitation any other credit provider who has lent money on the same security) any information about my credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity.
6. Seek from and use or give to any broker, financial consultant, accountant, lawyer, or other adviser acting in connection with any financing provided or proposed to be provided to me, any consumer or commercial credit information.
7. Give to a credit reporting agency personal and/or commercial information about me. The information includes identity particulars; the fact that credit has been applied for and the amount; the fact that Homesec Business Finance (and/or its ultimate lenders) may be current credit provider to me; payments which become overdue more than 60 days and for which collection action has commenced; advice that payments are no longer overdue; advice that cheques drawn by me have been dishonored, advice that in the opinion of the Homesec Business Finance (and/or its ultimate lenders) I have committed a credit infringement; and that credit provider to me by the Homesec Business Finance (and/or its ultimate lenders) has been paid or otherwise discharged.
8. Disclose any report or personal information about me to another person in connection with funding financial documentation by means of an arrangement involving securitisation.
9. Provide information to any person who proposes to guarantee or has guaranteed repayment of any credit provided to me. Loan Application I hereby apply for the loan described in this Application and confirm that all statements made in this Application are true and correct. Verification may be obtained from any source named herein.
I understand that the credit provider may grant approval of the loan subject to an assessment of the security property. In order to obtain final approval from the credit provider, I may have to pay a property assessment fee. I further understand that I may be liable for legal fees and other expenses, which the credit provider will describe to me in writing, but I will not incur any liability to the credit provider unless and until I choose to proceed with the loan application. I further understand the general insurance cover will be required for the security property from an insurer acceptable to the credit provider. I understand and agree that Homesec Business Finance (and/or its ultimate lenders) or any other party associated with Homesec Business Finance (and/or its ultimate lenders) may be paid fees, margins or commissions in respect of the credit arranged in consideration for its role as mortgage originator and or mortgage manager.
I acknowledge that neither Homesec Business Finance (and/or its ultimate lenders) nor any other party associated with Homesec Business Finance (and/or its ultimate lenders), including the credit provider, has acted as my agent. I further acknowledge that any person who may have introduced me to Homesec Business Finance (and/or its ultimate lenders) has not acted as an agent of Homesec Business Finance (and/or its ultimate lenders) for the purpose of this loan.
I/We authorise Homesec Business Finance (and/or its ultimate lenders) to act as my/our agents in seeking access to my/our consumer/commercial credit information file held by a credit reporting agency. This authority only applies to enquiries made by Homesec Business Finance (and/or its ultimate lenders) in connection with an application, or proposed application, by me/us for credit.
I/We state that the information contained in this Loan Application is true and correct. I/We state that I/we have read the terms of the offer provided to us and can afford the repayment as well as the costs & interest of this loan. I/We state that this loan is for business or investment purposes only.